There are 50 Gargoyles around Albion and are stone carvings attached to houses and buildings. You need to unlock and use a fine aim and shoot them to destroy them. Fine aim comes under Dexterous Styles and can be gained fairly early in the game. The first Gargoyle shot gives you a map - although this basically gives you the quest to destroy all 50. The gargoyles are the Scottish sounding guys you hear on your travels. If you hear one slagging you off, that means there's one nearby.You return to Gargoyles Trove in Bowerstone (in the water under bridge) to... unlock the treasure for each 10 you silence.
10GG - Dog Tricks Growl Book
20GG - Potion of Life
30GG - Emerald x3
40GG - 10,000 gold
50GG - The Rammer
Bandit Coast 2/2
1. In the main ruins of the bandit camp at the west of map there is a Gargoyle on the ruins up high.
2. Before you reach the ruins you can drop down on the path to the left where there are two flags and a small wooden platform, follow a narrow path to a doorway, enter this door to find a chest and Gargoyle on the left in a hole in the wall.
The Guild Cave 1/1
1. (Credit to Xertious of Gamefaqs) Head into the Guild Cave via the lake entrance, the Old Tomb, follow the path round, until you get to a room with ruins arches, and some stalagmites and stalactites which look like teeth, it’s the part where you dive to get the Augment, which the diary pages you pick up refer to. You can try shoot it from down here, it’s in the part that looks like teeth or a cage. I would advise
heading in to the pathway that has the glowing mushrooms and following it round
until you get to the top and stand at one of the edges and shoot.
1. Head to the boathouse where a boat is being built, before going in through the door, look between the boathouse and the house on the left, the Gargoyle is rested on the side.
2. At the waterfront where the large ship is moored, swim into the water and head to the only sandy area against the rocks (it's just big enough to stand on. Opposite, facing out to sea you'll see a Gargoyle on the rocks.
3. Head along the waterfront until you come to lots of huts and a large crane. The Gargoyle is on the crane.
4. The SInkHole - after you take the ship to find the 10 bits of treasure you'll drop into a water area around a large tree. To exit this area you need to climb up the grassy areas near the waterfalls. The second waterfall has a Gargoyle on the left of it.
Bower Lake 5/5
1. If you go to the edge of the largest lake , You'll see some arches in ruins. Its directly opposite the door of the hut that is in the center of the lake. Inside the arches on your left up high is the Gargoyle.
2. Inside the OLD TOMB (center of the lake) Work your way until you reach an area with water and ruins. Follow the path upwards and you'll enter above the water and next to some stalagtites. Drop down once on your right and the look upwards from where you jumped from to see the Gargoyle.
3. On the east side of the map there is an exit point and slightly NW of there is a a ruined archway next to the path (south of the smaller lake). If you look up on the side of the archway the Gargoyle is on the right up high.
4. On the east side of the map there is an exit point and slightly NW of there is a a ruined archway next to the path (south of the smaller lake). The Gargoyle above the arch very close to the previous Gargoyle.
5. Coming from the gypsy camp if you follow the path you'll come to a bridge which crosses the river. On your left there is a waterfall. If you follow the small grassy area before the bridge that gets you closer to the waterfall just on the rocks above the fall is the Gargoyle he's on the right side. He will be quite far from here so you'll need to aim carefully.
-Inside the Tomb of Heroes - you'll enter an area with a pool of water in the center of the floor.Simply walk through the area into the arched doorway at the end and turn around to look up at the opposite side of the door.
Bowerstone Cemetery 5/5
1. Facing the statue that is bent over, follow the path up the steps and the veer to the left as you reach the top. You'll see an area with some tombs. If you look on the right of the largest tomb you'll see the Gargoyle on the roof.
2. At the top of the cemetery is a large crypt if you stand on the steps and face away from the door way, you'll see a building on your left. The Gargoyle is on the roof here.
3. Following the path upwards from the bend over statue (facing it) you'll reach steps going up. keep going up the second flight of steps and immediately look sharp right, on the roof of the large tomb is a Gargoyle. Smoke his sorry ass.
4. In the cemetery mansion area to the NW of the map there is a locked gate that requires buying the mansion to acquire. Well you can ignore that for now and simply hug the tree and bookcase on the very right of the gate. If you fine aim and look up to the tower on your left between the trees, you'll see the Gargoyle.
5. Shelly Crypt - gain access here you need to purchase the Cemetery Mansion. This gives you the key to the locked gates outside the mansion. Once inside you'll follow a single path as the quest plays out. Once you enter a room where you shoot the orb switch to light the invisible walkways. before you exit this room at the doorway turn right and you'll see the Gargoyle on the rocks. he is quite hard to hear.
Bowerstone Market 4/4
1. Upon entering from the lake entrance, before crossing the main bridge into town, go down to the waters edge. Go down the slope and under the bridge. On your right above two arches is a Gargoyle.
2. Upon entering from the lake entrance, before crossing the main bridge into town, go up to the ramparts and follow the path to the end. The Gargoyle is at the end on top of one of the spires. To reach the spires the entrance is to the left and slightly behind the statue of the person riding a pig.
3. Before crossing the main bridge from the Bower Lake entrance there is a carriage area. The Gargoyle is in the carriage park..
4. On the top floor of the furniture shop (shop on right side as you enter from Bower Lake). Next to the door.
Bowerstone Old Town 2/2
1. As you enter from the cemetery side, you'll see steps leading up and an arch on the left, There's a water tower above. The Gargoyle sits on the water tower.
2. Inside the house called The Felling Residence on the staircase. The house is located just on the right before you get to the large tree dead end. SW of map.
1. In the SE area of the map there is a large lake with a ruined tower in the centre. Go behind the tower and the Gargoyle is there.
2. Archon's Knot - to get here you need to climb up to the teleporter on Brightwood tower and jump off into a circular hole. this leads into Archon's Knot. As soon as you drop down into the water there is a Gargoyle behind you.
3. On route to westcliff you'll see three ruined arches that you can walk through and a small pond next to them. The Gargoyle is above the arches This is before the SW exit.
4. Inside the Forsaken Fortress (SW of Brightwood map). As you enter the castle grounds there are two staircases on each side of you as you enter the outdoor area, take the right hand stairs to the top. The Gargoyle is at the end at your height on a ruined pillar. It's opposite one of the circular indentations on the path's wall.
5. The last is in Brightwood tower once you instigate the quest by buying it for around 240,000. The Gargoyle is at the top , in the room with a bed just outside one of the windows, shoot them out and you'll find it. (thanks to i_706_i )
Fairfax Gardens 3/3
1. Above the main building doorways up high. You'll need to stand back a bit to see.
2. Lady Grey's Tomb - you'll have to start the quest that allows you to enter here Love Hurts. Once entered follow the path until you need to vault. Before jumping the Gargoyle is directly ahead of you.
3. There is another in the FairFax mansion but you have to beat the story before you can buy the mansion for 1,000,000. Once you buy it, head inside to the library, The Gargoyle is on the wall above the entrance you walked in. (thanks to i_706_i )
1. Behind the sculptor's house.(simply activate the Sculpture mission to find it easily).
2. Opposite the Sandgoose Inn there is a small footbridge over the stream. The Gargoyle is on the side of the bridge, you can aim and shoot from the path.
3. You need to swim across a pool of water to reach the Oakfield Cemetery (area of water on right side of map). As soon as you exit the water look up to your left on a ruined pillar/arches and there's the blighter.
1. Go upstairs of the Rookridge Inn and follow the rail tracks and work your way to the second set of tracks by following the path - work your way to the end and on a top of the pulley tower on your right is a Gargoyle.
2. Inside the Hobbe Cave as you enter a cavern with wooden beams and chains the Gargoyle is on the wall on your left.
3. At the Hobbe Cave entrance/exit by the water's edge there is a Gargoyle on the cliff face viewable from the beach. Turn to your right just before entering the cave and you'll see it. (this area is after you have jumped off the destroyed bridge - it's slightly off center of the map and a little to the North).
4. At the entrance to the Temple of Shadows (NW of map), before going down the spiral stairs, walk to the large windows where there are two statues and lots of arches. Facing the windows, turn right and you'll see the Gargoyle perched up on the wall beyond the arches.
5. Inside the Temple of Shadows - Follow the Left pathway (inside the room with the dial) to the main chamber (a room with a misty floor) and there is a Gargoyle above the doorway opposite the chair and desk.
1. From the docks as you make your way up the cliff you can see the Gargoyle on the cliff face.
2. Howling halls - As you make your way down, you'll come to to a room with a spiky floor, immediately on your left as you enter is the Gargoyle on the wall behind a pillar. Although if you come from another direction it'll be on your right.
3. Outside the entrance to Howling Halls where there is a large archway. Go to the Halls doorway but do not enter. Turn around and look up at the arch on the left and the Gargoyle is there.
4. The SE part of the map (south of the river) there is a ruined tower which you can climb. On one of the edges you can dive and the other vault. Use the vault option to drop down onto a raised section with a chest and Gargoyle.
5. At the very south pathway on the map you'll see some stones and a stone archway before a wooden shack. With the shack in front of you turn left and you'll see a stone archway in the trees and a treasure chest. the Gargoyle is on the stone archway as you turn around from the chest.
1. Inside the small house at the start as you enter here for the first time.
2. After crossing the lake there is a house with a shed in front of it. The shed has a wheel on it. Around the side of the shed is the Gargoyle.
3. After crossing the old Oakvale bridge, follow the path until you reach some old ruins. On your right there is a path which leads to a chest go to chest turn around and you'll see the Gargoyle on the ruined arch.
4. As you make your way through an area with buildings you can't enter, there is a pool of fog before you with several statues and coffins around it. Progress from here and you'll reach some ruined tombs, the Gargoyle is on the last tomb on your left. This is just before going under a large arch.
5. Inside Twinblades tomb once you navigate the puzzles to reach the coffin room at the top there is a Gargoyle inside this room above door.
6. Once you have taken the seal to the doorway you'll enter the SHADOW COURT tomb and follow a set path until you descend the two stairs. you'll see a corridor with spikes coming from the floor. Run past these and do a u-turn to look behind you . The Gargoyle is above the doorway where you entered the spiked floor room.